Buffalo Thorn Lodge
Buffalo Thorn Lodge is an exclusive private, luxury lodge; a peaceful sanctuary nestled in the African bush yet one which holds all the excitement of big five game-viewing. By road, the Lodge is about 2 hours from Johannesburg, in the heart of Black Rhino Game Reserve, within the Pilanesberg National Park. Only 30 kilometers from Sun City, it is in South Africa’s North West Province, a malaria free area.
- Rooms | Rates
- Facilities | Location
- Wildlife & Activities
|Rates inclusive of 14% V.A.T. • South African Rand • Subject to availability|
|Description||1 Jan 2017 to 31 Dec 2017|
|Entire Lodge Midweek - out of school holidays (Sleeps 10)||
|Entire Lodge Weekends, school holidays public holiday (Sleeps 10)||
The rate per night is for
the rent of the whole lodge (max sleeping 10 guests including children)
Units are made up as follows;
- 2 Family units: with a King size bed (or two singles) plus a loft with two single beds (for children).
- 3 Double units with one King size bed (or two singles).
- Camping Cots are available on request
- Child friendly swimming pool
- Heated Jacuzzi with a view
- Bar with fridge and Ice machine
- Dining area
- Open fire barbeque
- Modern gas barbeque
- Director-chair seating around the open fire
- Flat Screen LCD TV
- Home Theatre System
- DSTV (Digital Satellite Television)
- Pool/Snooker Table
- Wine fridge
- Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Fully Serviced
- Large fridge and freezer
- Modern 5 burner gas stove with electric oven
- Microwave/Convection Oven
- All cutlery and glassware
- Filter Coffee Machine
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Bar fridge
- All linen (bath and swimming towels)
- Electronic Safe
- Air conditioning and fan
- Lounge area
- Loungers on private deck
- Hair dryers
Head towards Sun City. Stay on the R556 and pass the entrance to Sun City on the right. Continue for 5.11 km to the STOP sign, turn right at the intersection (onto the R565). Continue on this road for approximately 27 km through a village (beware of potholes) until you see the Black Rhino Game Reserve entrance on the right. Sign in at the gate and either request a pick up from the gate if you do not want to drive your car on the dirt roads and we will come and collect you or drive directly to the lodge. A normal sedan car should be able to reach Buffalo Thorn Lodge without a problem.
BLACK RHINO GAME RESERVE IS LOCATED AT (GOOGLE EARTH):
FROM THE BLACK RHINO GAME RESERVE GATE:
Enter the gate (sign in – Buffalo Thorn Lodge is number 20) then drive for 2,9 km along the road until you meet an intersection, turn left. It is the first road at which you can turn left, after entering the Reserve. Then continue for 1.47 km until you reach another intersection – turn extreme right then continue for another 470 m, keeping right until you see our lodge. Turn left into our gate, Stand 20 – Buffalo Thorn Lodge.
BUFFALO THORN LODGE IS LOCATED AT (GOOGLE EARTH):
- The rent of your own exclusive, ***** 5 star- Self Catering Game lodge, on Black Rhino Game Reserve in Pilanesberg National Park.
- 2 x 2 and a half hour game drives per night stay
- Daily Fully Serviced by staff
- Tea and coffee in the rooms
- Daily gate fees included
- Food, drinks, snacks, condiments – The lodge is fully self-catering
- Any additional activities such as hot air ballooning, BUSH WALKS and quad biking.
- Staff Gratuities
- Check in time is 14h30 and check out time is 10h30
- Early check-in or late check out will not be possible.
Please see conditions below.
If you plan to arrive after 18:00 please inform us beforehand.
PLEASE NOTE: Check out is strictly at 10h30. Any check out later than this will result in a charge of R1000 per hour late.
The lodge consists of a main area (kitchen, boma, swimming pool etc.) and 5 alone standing rooms each with a king size bed and en-suite bathroom.- Thus some of the men will have to share.
- Children of all ages are welcome at the lodge and on game drive
- Only available for Adults. (16 years and older).
- The cost for walks in 2017 are as follow: R500.00 per person
- Maximum number of guests 8 And a minimum of 2 guests
- A guest can book a walk in advance if they pay the full cost of the walk and understand that it is non-refundable should the guest cancel their stay at the lodge or change their mind upon arrival.
- Otherwise walks are booked upon arrival subject to availability.
- No walk is confirmed until Buffalo Thorn Lodge has checked availability and received payment directly from the guest.
- If walks occur with Buffalo Thorn Lodge directly game drive scheduled for that specific time will not take place and thus forfeited by all guests. Alternatively can be done by Nare walking Safari’s and remaining guests can go on game drive with Buffalo Thorn Lodge
- On arrival a R 2000.00 refundable breakage deposit will be required- by supplying cash
- ANY over occupancy meaning over and above 10 guests (including children) will be liable for an over occupancy fine of R4000 per person per day
- NO Day visitors are allowed at the lodge
- If you miss your scheduled game drives due to unforeseen circumstances/ late arrival or due to weather you unfortunately forfeit you game drive
- Arrivals after 18:00pm need to be arranged for and no arrivals permitted after 20:00pm
- ONLY 10 guests (including children of all ages) allowed on game drive
- Early arrivals and late check-outs will be penalised R 1000.00 per hour
- Fully self catering lodge- No drinks/snacks or food is supplied
- NO LOUD music is permitted as this is a National Park and nature reserve
All patrons make use of Buffalo Thorn Lodge; do so at their own risk. Buffalo Thorn Lodge nor the company, Black Rhino Properties (Pty) Ltd, that owns Buffalo Thorn Lodge, or the owners of Black Rhino Properties are liable for injury, death, damage or theft to you or your belongings.
Please make sure you are aware of the cancellation policy.
- Cancellation of booking than 90 days or more prior to arrival - 20% of total booking amount retained
- Cancellation of booking between 60 to 89 days prior to arrival - 30% of total booking amount retained
- Cancellation of booking between 41 to 59 days prior to arrival - 50% of total booking amount retained
- Cancellation of booking less than 40 days prior to arrival - 100% of total booking amount retained.
DEPOSITS & SETTLEMENT
A deposit of 50% of the value of the accommodation is required as confirmation for an individual reservation. A second payment of 50% of the value of the accommodation is due 21 days prior to arrival. Full prepayment will be due within 48 hours for reservations made less than 14 days prior to
No booking will be seen as confirmed unless a 50% deposit has been received.
Buffalo Thorn Lodge reserves the right to sell accommodation held as a provisional reservation without a deposit, to a cash purchaser.
Buffalo Thorn Lodge requires a minimum of 2 nights stay. If a 1 night stay occurs a 25% surplus will be Charged on booking.
Black Rhino Game Reserve is a natural eco system that has developed over thousands of years. In this unique reserve, the different vegetation exists within the transition zone between the dry Kalahari and wetter lowveld commonly known as bushveld.
As result of the range of habitats and vegetation found in the Black Rhino Game Reserve and Pilanesberg National Park, there is a wide diversity of animal species, from the “Big five” to 50 other mammal species, 354 bird species, 65 reptile species, 18 amphibian species and thousands of other interesting smaller species!
Rainy Season: It rains during the summer months between November and March, with thunder and lightning showers predominant in February and March. Temperatures hover around 79-86°F (26-30°C).
Dry Season: April to September is the cool dry winter season with bright clear warm days and cold nights, particularly in the mid-winter months of June to August. Game viewing/safaris is best in winter as the foliage has died back and animals frequent around waterholes.
Daily Exclusive Game Drives(Safari)are included in your package and can be arranged with your Ranger.
(Only 10 guests allowed on game drive/safari (including children of all ages). Two game drives per night stay(Morning and Afternoon)
Ask reservations for more information on activities.
Things to do in the area:-
- Lion Park Tours
- Bush Walks
- Predator Park Tours
- Quad Biking
- Quad Bike Motocross Circuit
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- Interactive Gumboot Dancing Session
- Balloon safaris in the Pilanesberg National Park
- Team Building for corporates